Saturday morning Kirsten, Rebecca and I decided to try out this cardio fitness class at the ProClub called Zumba (not to be confused with Zuma the video game :-)).
Here is a short description from the ProClub's website... "Hypnotic musical rhythms fused with exciting moves in a dynamic workout that's fun and easy to do. The routines feature interval training sessions where fast and slow rhythms are combined with resistance training to tone, sculpt, and energize the whole body."
It was kind of like line dancing but much harder, since it was very Latin influenced. And since I have no rhythm and never danced before I looked like a fish out of water. Specially since I was about a full second behind everybody else. Not to mention I was one of like three 3 guys there. But none the less it was a blast and did manage to get me sweating. It wasn't as good as doing some elliptical training but definitely a fun alternative. I look forward to trying it out again next weekend.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Here is the 2009 season schedule for Redmond Nine Baseball team.
- February - Returning roster is set (need to know everybody's status for next year by 2/15/2009)
- April - Start hitting practices (every few weeks)
- May - New player tryouts. Final roster is set (5/31/2009). Full practices start (every week). League fees due.
- June - Uniform orders are complete. Uniform fees are due.
- July - Season starts
- September - Playoffs start